Sunday, March 10, 2013

Week 76 (March 4, 2013): Meeting the Zitzmans

This has been a great week.  I was lazy and didnt write a single day in my journal so i am not sure what to write about! haha but Mom you will be proud of me to know that I have almost filled all three journals that you sent to me.  Incredible!!

We are starting to work with another family named Sarah and Dario... Zitzman!  haha his dad is German but it is a really weird name for here in Paraguay.  Dario is 26 and Sarah is 23 and they have a little boy named Arturo who is 2 and is the happiest toddeler.  They are so humble.  It has been neat to see how the Lord works in His work... Cristian just recieved the priesthood and now the familia Paredes is helping us teach the familia Zitzman. I LOVE IT!

The Paredes family will be going to the temple to do baptisms during Easter break in a few weeks!  We taught them about family history and they are so excited.  I want him and Cyntia to talk to you mom and dad so bad... we just need to learn spanish!!!  haha no but one day we will talk to them on skype and i will translate... Cristian said that he wants to talk to you dad.  He is kinda stressed about his little girl Cyndi because she never listens and I always laugh and tell him that you had told me too one time that you and mom were worried about me when i was little and i turned out GREAT!  right?!  No but really ... one day you will have to talk to him.  They are amazing parents and all of the changes they are doing come from a deep love of God and for their little girls.

Hna Espinoza and I have a phrase for this change.  It is from Philipeans 4:19 ( i think! ahah)  Whenever we think that something is hard or we start to get discouraged we ask eachother, "who are you? or who are we?" and the other has to respond and say... " I am or we are daughters of God"... "and what can we do as daughters of God?"... and I have to respond... basically quoting the scripture... "I can do all things in Christ, who strenghthens me.".  The scriptures have a powerful affect on us and the way that act... I love the scriptures.  I love being a missionary and I love my family and my family here in Paraguay.  I thank my Father in Heaven for allow me to represent His Son and thank you all for praying for me and my friends here and being so supportive. Have a great week!!!!

Love,

Hermana Jones

PS President has asked me ... or better said the Lord :)... to stay here in Ciudad del Este with Hermana Espinoza for my last change to prepare for the new sister missionaries!  I am so happy to finish my mission here... within a few months there will be almost 50 instead of 10 or 12!

Hermana Espinoza and me!  I sure do love this sister.

Saying goodbye to Yámile.  Elder Nielsen, our district leader has helped Yámile a lot and she was super sad that he was leaving... Norma her mom!

Our new district... it is hard to have changes but it is neat to work with other elders also!  Alcídez is our ward mission leader.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment