Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 73 (Feb 11, 2013): "Is there anything that you could ever do that would make Him stop loving you?"

Querida familia, 

Ah i am so happy!  I thought that i would send you a quick story about what had happened this week. 

5 febrero 2013

" I had forgotten to write about a neat lesson that we had the other day with (sarah... changed the name :)I had read the story of the Prodigal Son in Lucas a while back and had felt to share it with them.  I read and re-read the story and shared it with the Hna. Espinoza, but we neer felt to share it in a lesson until we taught sarah a certain commandment.  After we finished teaching the commandment, she sobbedas she shared with us the guilt and the unconfidence in herself that she felt because shen she was very young and her parents not only didnt teach and protect her, but most likely made it even harder for her to keep the commandment.  "Do you know - believe that God loves and can forgive you Sarah?"  we asked.  "I do," she said, "but sometimes it is just hard to believe that He can when I have made the mistakes that I have.  "Oh what JOY i felt as we read together in Luke 15 and read the words, "I will arise and go to my Father and will say, "father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, and am no more worthy to be called thy son... (how often do we feel that way when we have sinned!?) and then read together how the Father ran,kissed, blessed and forgave without even looking back.  The question taht dad always aksked me rang in my mind... "Sarah, is there anything that you could ever do that would make Him stop loving you?!"... "no, she said with a smile... and we testified of repentance."

Oh i love my mission and I am so happy to be here.  This is Gods work and we can all be a part of it if we live the Gospel.  

Love you all!

Love, 

Hermana Jones

Oh i love pictures! I am so happy that I can send you more!

We had interchanges so i went to the city this past tuesday and was able to meet a lot of new people.  As I woke up the next day, there was this sunrise... every time I see things like this i just have to say, "Wow, Heavenly Father loves me". 

Us with Vanesa, one of our investigators.  She is in med school and is 19 years-old. There was a rainbow over the chapel right before our ward activity. 

Hermana Espinoza taught Karen (member) and Cyntia how to cook ají de gallina on friday!  Cyndi was really excited to help!

Cyntia... the smile after a great lesson!!!  I am so excited for them.  

Laura... she finally decided to serve the mission!!! 

Leaving the neighborhood one night... Paraguay is beautiful... someone told me that a general authority said that he felt as if christ had walked here in paraguay. 

Hno Rosalino, one of my favorite members.  He hasnt been able to walk for 10 years because he was shot while at work as a security guard, but he never misses a sunday and is so sure that he is going to be able to walk again!
 
Members in a class or activity that we had a few weeks ago about la obra misional
 
After the activity... I love my district!!! From left to right- Elder Hauser (AZ), Elder Martinez (Kaysville), Elder Nielsen (DC), Elder Vega (Colombia) and Hermana Espinoza and me!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment