Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 65 (Dec 17, 2012): "I had a dream that a girl with blonde hair came to my door"

Querida familia,

Hey grandpa!  I am almost serving in Brazil!  haha we had transfers this past week and I was called to come to a city called Ciudad del Este.  My companion and I are learning a little bit of Portuges!  I am companions with Hna. Espinoza from Perú and we are so excited about our area!  We are along the fronteir of Brazil and our area is HUGE!!!!  There were elders here before but now we are "opening the area" and we had NO idea where we were on Wednesday when we got here!  It takes almos an hour to walk from one end to the other of our area.

They told us our transfers this Tuesday in district meeting, and at first I was SO SADDD about transfers.  Luciana and Reynaldo were just about to be married and baptized and Sergio and his brother, Alexander too... and I just love them so much... all of them.  It was really hard to say goodbye... but I was filled with excitment about my new area because I just felt the spirit so strong teach me that so many people were waiting us here.  It has been 17 years since sisters were here because a few missionaries had been shot and mugged so it was too dangerous for us.  Just kidding mom, but it was more dangerous earlier! 

We took a bus and drove through the red hills of paraguay and seven hours later, we got off the bus, got the keys to the apartment and our map, went to the apartment, planned the best we could with our area book and left to get to work!  I was SO SCARRED because we litterally didnt know anything but as I prayed on the bus a scripture came to mind from Jacob 5 (i think it is in 71-72) and it says that the servants of the vinyard left... or left Ita Enramada and went to Ciudad del Este... and "the Lord worked with them".  I bear testimony that this is not the work of the missonaries... but of the Lord.  HE works his vinyard and He has guided us so much these past couple of days. 

We have seen so many miracles.  Just one example... as we left our third story apt. our first day we saw the door open to one of our neighbors.  We talked to her and started teaching her... come to find out that she had left home years ago when she was 13 (her name is Noelia) so that she could be baptized and is now living with her boyfriend and her baby Mia and never leaves her apartment and so she never knew where the church was but has been wanting to come.  She is nineteen now and we have started teaching her and she is SO excited and her boyfriend came to church yesterday and is starting to read the book of mormon.  The Elders never taught her because her boyfriend, German was never at home but she was right there... one door away! I cant tell you how many people we are have been able to start to teach because they, for whatever reason, could not be taught by "elders". 

Another family we went to teach ... at the beginning of the lesson the grandma said excitedly after asking us who were were and everything, "last night I had a dream that a girl with blonde hair came to my door and I asked her how old she was and she said 22! That was you!"  We testifyed that the Lord had sent us and now she and her family are excited to come to church.

Oh so many stories of how the "Lord is working with us".  I testify that this is His work.  We are all children of God and need the Gospel because we need to be happy.  It is the only way.  Love you all.

cariñosamente,

Hermana Jones
 

No comments:

Post a Comment