Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 64 (Dec 10, 2012): Nygeli's Baptism Helps Other Members of the Family

Querida familia,

Oh it has been a HARD and JUST SO GOOD week!  I can never remember what was hard about the week, but just all of the amazing things that happened!  That is a testimony for me of the atonement of Christ.  He already suffered for those discouragements and trials that I had and so as I remember my blessings (or remember Him and recognize His hand in my life) I dont feel those burdens... they are completly washed away from my memory and I almost never write them in my journal so when i look back, I remember just how INcredible it was to be "Hermana Jones" for 18 months.  I love it!  Thanks for your prayers... they are felt also... a lot.

Well Nygeli got baptized... finally!!!! It was such a special baptism.  There were SO many people that gave up a lot to help Nygeli be baptized.  I remember about two months ago, kneeling down at night and feeling so sad and just crying and saying, "Father, please help us help Nygeli to be baptzied..." She would tell us that she was praying so that her mom would let her be baptzied.  At this point, her grandma who takes care of her wansnt very strong in her testimony.  I remember feeling very strongly that she would be baptized... but "not now" and that it would be for the benefit of her grandma and mom who is still in prison.  Yesterday we had a lesson with Hna. Clotilde... I cry just thinking of the changes I have seen in her these past three months as Nygeli has been waiting to be baptized.  She is EXCITED about paying her tithing even when they dont have food sometimes...she gives so much gracias a Dios when she prays that her grandaughter had been baptized and is "folling a good path" when three months ago, she didnt think it was inmportant... and she has come to church more this past month than she ever did my first four or five months here in Ita Enramada combined.

I love this Gospel.  I know that the Atonement of our Savior is for everyone and if we belive in Him, we WILL repent... until our last day here on earth (Helaman 14:8,13).

It is possible that I will leave this area on Wednesday.  I know that it is depending on His will... I just hope that my will turns out to be his will and i can stay here!  Oh, and Luciana and Reynaldo are still progressing... geeting ready for baptism!!!!!

les amo a TODOS!!!

amor,

Hermana Jones
 
Mini Zone Conference!

Milagros de las flores! mom and dad... i got the flowers and have given almost all of them out!! There was a lady who loved going to church (the one in the black shirt) and has stopped coming because her husband doesnt like the church. Well when we passed by, we went into her house to share with her sister and niece that are living there, but she didnt want to share with us! We gave her little toddler a flower right before having the lessson with her sister and then and only then did she accept to listen and share with us... it has been over 8 months and now she is planning on being baptized the 29th of this month!!! Service sent from ohio softens hearts! thanks so much!

NYGELI!!!! The spirit was soo strong at her baptism, we felt like it was because almost four months of sacrifice of so many people went into making it possible that she could be baptized... including your prayers! Marta and Antonio (I wrote about them two weeks ago) are at the right.
 
I cant even explain just how happy and excited they all were that my family and ward family had wanted to give them something for christmas... THEY LOVEEED THE FLOWERS!! And as we kept working yesterday and today, whenever we see them, they are wearing their flowers! Thank you mom, dad and young womens!!

This is Sergio. He is an 11 year old boy and NIck... he is so much like you! He is so friendly to everyone and is preparing to be baptized on dic. 19th with his little brother! He is going to be a great missionary.

Hna. Clotilde... she made me sheets! This is Nygelis grandma!

Emarrasing... four packages later (one from grandma and grandpa!!!! thank youooo!!!) the elders had to help us take it to our apartment after district meeting. They think that my mom thinks that i am dying or something because the packages were so big!!!! haha but no complaints... thanks mom and dad for the skirts ... all 60 or more of them!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment