Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 61 (Nov 19, 2012): Guided in helping Yesica Gabilan find God

Dear familiy, 

I wanted to share a short part of my journal from Saturday.  I dont know why I wrote like this, haha, but it explains well about how it is to be a missionary and how i feel about my mission.

"As we walk, side by side in the hot, burning, Paraguayan sun, I have to smile and just be so greatful.  We are burnt to a crisp and when I wipe my face with my hand, sweat drips from my fingers to my arm.  Walking with my worn out shoes over the very uneven cobbled-stonned streets, I look up and see alll of the beautiful flowers... bright oranges and fuishas.  Oh I love Paraguay.

We stop to talk to an oder lady as we walk to a lesson.  She is waiting in the shade for her colectivo.  As we talk to the people and love them, we feel the power of the Holy Ghost and feel taht our mouths are filled.  The Lord always keeps His promises. 

Before we get to a lesson, I am really excited, because we had talked to her a few days ago, and we had felt like we had needed to visit her soon... right before the lsson, after we have crossed the rickity bridge that is missiong most of its planks, we stop under the old abandoned factory sign to say a quick prayer.  

We clap at her door and she lets us in.  her name is Yesica GAbilan and she is the oldest of four other brothers and sisters.  She grew up with her grandparents in the interior of the country...as we start the lesson, we already feel the Spirit so storntly which makes me excited because we know that the Lord has guided us to her house... as He does with every step.

As we asked her questions that we were guided to ask, she told us how a year ago, she had been trying to "find God" and change and repent.  She has started to go to a church in Luque and she feels so much peace now in her life.  We invite her to read the Book of Mormon and she is so excited.  We invite her to be baptized and she accepts with a huge smile.  As we leave her hose, we feel so much peace and feel so happy.  We feel the Spirit. 

We walk down the sand covered sidewalkt to get to Barrio Yukyky... our poverty stricken area.  The Natasha that once HATed getting dirty or refuse to use an outhouse or public bathroom now LOVEs being in an area where the streets are covered in trash and cow poop and the pigs walk at our side.

The people wear their stained covered clothes, while the moms are busily scrubbing the clothes of all of their children and their marido or husband. (who is working all day long, collecting plastic or cardboard in his horse buggy.  The children run through the streets without shoes,. playing soccer.  As we walk down the dusty road, I smile again.  Ilove Barrio Yukyuky...I love the Paraguayos and I love my mission."

Luciana and Reinaldo are doing great and preparing to be baptzied this first weekend in Diciembre and there will be another WEDDING!!!! They will be getting married and baptized RIGHT before having their first baby so thats exciting.

Nageli will be baptzied soon... I feel more than humbled to be on a mission.  Sometimes I think of all of the blessing that I have redcieved and the blessings that the Paraguayos have as they live the Gospel and I "stand all amazed".

Thank you for your prayers... they are felt and answered.  Oh, and if anyone reading this is trying to decided if they should go on a mission or not... JUST GOOOOOOO!!!!!! IT WILL BE THE BEST DECISION OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

lots of love, 

Hermana Jones

and haapy día del pavo.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment