Tuesday, March 19, 2013

17 Diciembre, 2012

Dear Family,

Well...I am here in a new area!  I was so sad when Elder Narena (from Hondura) told me that we were going to be having changes.  I started to have tears in my eyes...poor Elder...he had been in Ita Enramada for the six months that I was there and was used to the fact that "Hermand Jones cries"  ha ha.  He came up after and said, "uh....are you okay, Hermana Jones?"  I asked for a blessing and...I know/I knew that it was where the Lord needed me but I love the people there so much and I did not want to leave them.  So, I asked for a blessing, like I would have asked Dad, and I felt so much better afterwards and so much excitement.

The ward that I am in now has double the church attendance and I have never received a bigger "bienvenida" from a ward.  They are SO, SOO excited to have sisters.  It kinda scares me!  About 10 different Hermanas came up to us and told us they could go with us to lessons any day, all day!

We were able to talk in sacrament meeting (oh...and I am the ward pianist ahora jaja..I am grateful that Mom always taught us to play and made us practice and that Dad always made me feel special when I sang or played so that I could have this talent).

Well, I felt like I should share very briefly about Alexandra.  I held up that blue card with the family pictures that I made for everyone two or three Christmases ago and testified of the importance of the Gospel.  Our investigator Lourdes came just for sacrament meeting.  The other day she just cried and cried in a lesson saying that she just wanted paz en su vida.  As I sat down next to her after talking, she asked to see the picture.  As she looked at it, I could feel the spirit strongly.  I said, "Lourdes, my family and I found that peace that you were looking for in this church and gospel...that peace you are looking for, "I whispered as Hermand Espinoza spoke, "it is her."  She didn't say anything, but I know she knew what I said was true...the Spirit bore witness of it.

Well, I love you all.  Jess, your story about the Book of Mormon made me cry.  Thanks so much for following the spirit.  You will never know in this life what great impact you had on her and her daughter's life...for sure her daughter has listened to missionaries on the other side.  "Sister Porter", keep following the Spirit to share the Gospel.  (una escritura  que me ha ayudado hacer las cosas pequenda...Alma 36:6-7)

Dad and Spencer, thanks for your notes-your card about Alexandra touched me.  I feel that she is helping me serve this mission with me.

Nick, we can talk all the Spanish you want. :) And, you can teach me German (everyone asks me if I am from Germany) and Russian and Mandarin!  I don't doubt you can learn them if that's what you want to do!)

Mom...I am sorry, but in 5-20 of your emails you have asked me if anything from my packages was stolen.  ha ha...no worries! I was overwhelmed with the gifts and felt once again your love, from you and Dad.  Thanks so much!

Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment