Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 69 (Jan 14, 2013): Milena and Nygeli Find Out That It Is True

Dear family,

I just love 2013!  Its been a great start to a new year!  I am so excited!

Mom and dad, I wanted to share with you also something that just gives testimony of the role of mom and dad and how you recieve revelation for your children.  Well, to start this new year (just like we always did with daddy-daughter blessings at the beginning of every school year), I asked my district leader, Elder Nielson, for a blessing of "council".  I had thought a lot about different goals for this year and had been praying to know what I should do.   Well in my blessing I recieved a lot of council concering the goals that I had made and that very night I sat down and wrote everything down.  Well, it was interesting to see as i wrote and pondered how, just days before, I had sat down to read a DearElder from you Dad that talked about the scripture in Mateo11 about taking upon us the yoke of Christ.  I wont share everything, but basically the letter was a continuation of the blessing that I had recieved... it was the direction that Heavenly Father wanted to give me and did by two worthy priesthood holders... a missionary and then he saved a part for you to complete, because you are my dad and he knows, better than anyone, that it gives you joy to bless your kids... both you and mom.  Thank you Mom and Dad for praying for me and the people that I love here in Paraguay.

As for Ciudad del Este...

Roberto y Celia-

They are a very very special family who were going to be baptized a little over a month ago, but there had been a lot of family problems, so Celia was a little scared and we are helping them to gain a testimony again and decide to be baptized.  There kids call us "tia"... haha I love it. They are a very special family that love eachother very much.  We had a very powerful lesson about the tree of life, and they are going to start reading again to make a decision to be baptized this week.

Milena and Nygeli (another Nygeli!!!)-

are two little girls (10 and 9 respectively) who have soo much faith.  They are the cousins of Laura and Mirium Vera who are two of our "helpers"in the ward... they are always going out with us and helping to teach!  After the first lesson, their cousin Laura told us that she overheard them talking in the living room and Milena said to Nygeli, "lets go and pray and ask God if its true".  Laura peaked in on them, and they had gone to their bedroom and were praying with hteir eyes sweezed shut.  Later they came in and told Laura, "I just felt so warm inside and felt ... i dont know... proud."  It made me want to cry when i heard that because I could just imagine Father in Heaven looking down from heaven feeling so "proud" of His two daughters.  They want to be baptized so much, but their parents are not happy about that... just like Nygeli Cuellar (whoes mom was in prison) i know that they will be able to be baptized also... we just have to have a lot of faith!

Well I know that God loves us and that we are His children... when we really understand who we are, we are obedient and follow His Son and the Gospel of Christ allows us to do just that.  Lets keep pressing forward... taking upon us "the yoke of Christ".

Les quiero a cada uno de uds.

amor,

su Hermana Jones

PS  Mom i just wanted to make sure that you understand... i am NOT washing my clothes by hand anymore (or at least until I am tight on money again) haha so dont be too proud!

PSS  Elder Nielson just gave me my cards and hna. santi y willnauer sent me picutres... ANTONIO NAD HIS WIFE MARTA IN INTAENRAMA WERE MARRIED AND BAPTIZED AND ALSO SERGIO AND ALEXANDER.... ANTONIO WAS ABLE TO STOP DRINKING... DO YOU REMEMBER HIM WITH THE BAD SHOULDER!?  THANKS FOR PRAYERING FOR THEMMMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment