Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 67 (Dec 31, 2012): Saharí's Hunger for Truth

Hey familia!

How are you all doing!?  We are doing great here in Ciudad del Este...

We have started teaching a 20 year-old girl who is 20 and she is incredible!!!  She is reading so much in the Book of Mormona and will be baptized this month.  Saharí has had trials bigger than any other person that I have ever met in my life.  After her first sunday a few weeks ago, we had asked her how she liked church and she said,"I loveed it!  It was just like how Jesus taught His disciples in the Bible!  We sat and talked together about what we were learning and what we thought and I came home and felt like a bird ... I was so happy that I could fly!" haha she is kinda dramatic... she always says that she is going to "internarme en la peluquería todo el día" ... she cant go a day without her nails done... and she is so special.  We taught her about the plan of salvation and i have never taught someone in my mission that was so eager to know everything that she could know about Gods plan. She just kept asking questions and more and more questions, we taught her for almost two hours.  She is so excited to repent also.  Even when some of the commandments are hard for her or will be hard for her to keep, she sighs and says, "this isnt going to be easy, but I will do it!".

We are also wokring with a mom named Firmina (45) and her son Hector (24).  They are incredible.  She is Brasilera and married a paraguayo.

Love you all!  This is the Lords work... thanks for praying for me and my investigators...

Hermana Jones

Christmas dinner
 
Mission Council! Hno Martinez is the most incredible mission leader ... he is one of those one-year converts who is "on fire".
 
We went with Rosi Aquino to find and teach her friend... after one hour we found her house in the edge of our area!

No comments:

Post a Comment