Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 60 (Nov 12, 2012): Master Carver

Querida familia,
It has been another great week! I am so greatful to be on a mission and keep recognizing each and every day just how sacred of a calling it is that I have.
Nageli will be getting baptized soon! We are just waiting for permission from the prison (which we are not sure that it will happen or not) which will take a week or two. She was so nervous for her interview but is excited to be baptized to "be a daughter of God" (is what she says!)
The Salinas-Colarte is doing great! They are starting to have FHE and so that´s fun to see.
Luciana and Reinaldo will be baptized and married in the very beging of December! They are doing great as well.
We are excited about the work and I am happyyy! If you could all keep in your prayers that we find the people who are ready to be baptized this month of November!
I found a poem in an Ensign from Sep. 2005 that I wanted to share!
Master Carver (by J. Devn Cornish)
How slow the forming-
how hard some blows-
But I, the stone, must come to know
In my own person, my own soul,
Thy will, Thy purpose here below.
O Master, now I plead to Thee,
Cut off my roughness, form my face,
Refine my feelings, make of me
A fit reflection of Thy grace.
Yea, haste the day when I may kneel
Before Thee and great Elohim,
Accepted, peaceful in Thy home,
At last like Thee, each grain of stone.
I testify that this is the central purpose of our lives. To repent and learn from and follow the example of our Older Brother. He is our Savior. We have loving Parents in heaven who love us. I love my life.. I love "hard things" and I love my Father and my Savior who made it possible to return to live with Him. This is my goal and is for each and every one of God´s children... I know that we can EACH return to live with Him (DyC123:12 and Phillipeans 4:13).
I love you all!
Con muchísimo amor,
su Hermana Jones
 
District Meeting
 
With the Formigli family... a less-active family! I lvoe them so much... we are having FHE with them tonight!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment