Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 70 (Jan 21, 2013): Extending Mission to Train New Sisters

Mom, Dad and Jess, Nick, Spencer and Caden,

Okay i need to explain.  Thank you for your email mom.  I have permission to "chat" today if you have any questions that you want to make becuase i knew that you, the planner of the family, have already put a LOTT of time and effort into planning everything.  Please please forgive me.  This has been the easiest (in the sence that i feel so strongly that it is what i need to do) but hardest (because it wasnt necesarily my plan or my timing or my will either... all of which i have to change).  With all of the new sisters coming in (there are 12 sister here now... we will be recievineg 15 to 20 in the lapse of just 12 weeks... meaning opening lots of new areas and training lots of new sisters), it will make it extremely hard for pte. agazzani and a bunch of missionaries if i leave in march.  we had interviews this past thursday and president asked me to think about it.  I seriously prayed for over half and hour writing down everything that came to mind, crying and begging heavenly father to help me to understand what i need to do.  and I know that I need to finish apr. 11th.  My work will be left unfinished if i dont.  I hope and pray that you each feel the spirit testify that this is what i need to do so that it isnt so hard for each of you.  To be very honest, i thought of the movie 17 miracles.. when John (or whatever his name was) was finally starting to go home after his mission to finally be with his son... after 3 or four years and Willie asked him to extend his mission just a few weeks or months to help the saints get to salt lake.  Thats basically what is happening. 

To be very honest I have NOO idea how i am going to finish my studies in time to apply for a nursing program... from what i had planned before, it will be impossible or near impossible i think.  Everything I think goes against this decision, BUT I told Heavnely Father all of this and explained why I was worried and do you know what the anwer was?... all that came to mind was Dad holding out his hand to help me cross... we were hiking or something and there was something that i didnt want to cross because i was scared... and then the words came to my mind, "can you trust me?".  I know that Heavenly Father has greater blessings for me and each of you as i finish out my mission. 

I am SO sorry for making you all sad.  I KNKOW that you are becasue i was too, but i feel the spirit so strongtly each day confirming that this is waht i need to do... we need to do. 

As for classes, I wil NOT be attending spring term.  I have already decided that and feel good about that.  Summer possibly... i think i need to.

I love you all soooo much!

Well I am happy and enjoying the work.  I love each of you more each day and serve the way I do because I want to show my Heavenly Father that I want to be able to be with each of you forever.  I testify that He lives and loves us and we work WITH HIM in His work... saving His sons and daughters.
 
Hermana Jones

Oh and dad, one of our investigators saw a picture of Elder Neal A Maxwell in my planner and asked me if it was my dad... hahah i thought you would feel falttered.

Firmina and Hector... the mom and son that we are teaching!  She is incredible and so giving..

Hno Rosalino

English class!  We teach for an hour every Wednesday... half are members... lots of investigators come too! 
 
A butterfly landed on my finger!

Picture of a picture... antonio and marta after their baptism... "we are happy" he wrote on the picture :)

Sergio and Alexander!- sergio said that we are happy baptized mormons now! on his card!

David, Sabrina and "Gordo"... the children of Roberto and Celia who we were teaching... they are a little unsure about being baptized right now...

Yamile and her mom Norma right after teaching the plan of salvation... we only got to "our life on earth and the atonement" because Norma talks  a LOT! haha we will finish the lesson tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment