Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 68 (Jan 7, 2013): "We are fighting for souls who are our brothers and sisters."

Querida familia,

The Lord always keeps His word.  He is our Savior.  Our perfect older brother and we are to show that we love Him by living His Gospel....and then He promises that we will be sooo happy!

It has been another week of miracles.

Sahari has been having a LOT of opposition from her family and so hasnt been doing so well this week, but she wants to change her life so much and loves the book of mormon so much we are "luchando" or fighting for her.

We are helping a mom and her 24 year old son... hector and firmina.

Firmina says all of the time how she is trying to find the true church but that she cannot find it and she says, "when I get an answer that this is His church, I wont even blink one eye and will ask to be baptized that very day!"

Es una lucha... it is a battle... I never really understood all of those "missionary" hymns that we sing until I came to paraguay.... we are fighting for souls who are our brothers and sisters.  I love them and am learning how to be more christlike.  Sometimes it is frustrating as I continue to learn just how imperfect as I read the scriptures and learn what He is like and how He wants me to be because I know that if Christ was here he would baptized hundreds every day!... but I am not perfect and I too am working out my own salvation.  Que suerte that our Father is patient and so loving!  What a blessing it is to be a missionary here and the rest of my life!  We all are... it is our duty as members of the church of Christ to fight for our brothers and sisters.  I say fight because it is not easy...

but just as Elder Holland says, "it never was supposed to be easy because salvation was never a cheap experience".  I stand all amazed.

Keep praying for us and all of our brothers and sisters in Ciudad del Este.

LES QUIERO!

Hermana Jones

Have a great week family!

PS Happy Birthday CADEN!!!!! you are so big my brother! I LOVE YOU THIIIIISSSSSS MUCCCCHHHHH AND LOTS MORE! (one week late... sorry:)

No comments:

Post a Comment