Saturday, June 16, 2012

Week 32 (Apr 30, 2012): Agency and exersizing faith

mi querido familia,

I cannot believe that another week has passed. I love Ñemby and this transfer is winding down and I hope and pray that I get to stay here in Ñemby!!

Norma has decided to not get baptized. A week ago we passed by her house again to talk to her and see how we could help her. She told us that she has felt really good about getting baptized but that there are times when she thinks taht it isnt the right decision for her because she was born into a Catholic family and she was "already baptized". (A lot of people have said negative things about her getting baptized and I know that she knows that the church is true... she made what other people said more important than what she knows Heavenly Father wants her to do. We had a very intense lesson and followed the spirit the best we could and she agreed to read from the Book of Mormon a LOT during the week and pray a lot and that we could come back Friday and she would let us know. On Friday she told us that she had read and just doesnt feel that she should be baptized. I want to cry just writing this because I KNOW that she has recieved an answer that all of what we teach is true but that she has let what others say affect her decision. I have a lot of faith and hope that she will be baptized in the future... those missionaries will be so lucky :)

My testimony about our agency has grown so much while on the mission. Do you want to have more faith? Thats awesome becuase Heavenly Father will, as you show just the tiniest amount of faith help your faith grow in ways you never thought possible! You have to decide and act first though! Do you want to be a more patient person (aka me :)... you just decide to be patient and Heavenly Father helps you to become more patient and more Christlike just like that. He promises us that. He gives us the wonderful gift of agency so that we can learn to make decisions for ourselves and at the same time, as we do that, we realize just how quickly He blesses us and just how much He loves us. Wow. I am a daughter of God with divine potential. We always repeted those words in Young Womens, but they have taken on a new meaning. I am a daughter of God. We are children of a Heavenly Father. He loves us and we love Him. And because of that we strive hard each and every day to become like His Son so that we can be with Him forever.

Midium and Cristian still have not decided to get married. Lots of prayers with them!

Love you all. Thank you all for your love. Heavenly Father blesses me so much each day and I know He does for each of you also.

Cariñosamente,

Hna. Jones


Fotos.
1. It gets pretty cold here! I have two pairs of tights and about five shirts on under my jacket! you would be in heaven dad
2. Hna. Ojeda y yo con la Hna Tomasa Gonzalez. She is a less active member and one of my favorite people to teach. We are in her negocio in this picture. Many moms have little shops built in front of their homes where they can sell anything from cookies and empenadas to laundry detergent.
3. Hna. Arnell stopping to wash all of the dirt out of her shoes. When it rains, it rains alll day!
4. I love my companions!! La Hna. Arnell y mi.

No comments:

Post a Comment