Saturday, June 16, 2012

Week 31 (Apr 23, 2012): Come to the wedding in your work pants.

Querido familia,

Love you all! We have been pounded by rain and I LOVE it!!

We are still working with Midium and Norma and her son Gabriel.

With Midium, she and Cristian still need to get married so that she can get baptized, but Cristian wants to wait until he has enough money to pay for a big wedding and they dont have enough right now. Midium really really wants to get baptized. Her two little girls were jumping up and down on their beds every day saying "marry daddy! marry daddy!". They are so cute and will often sit down and pretend to read in an extra Book of Mormon with us. :) We are having a fast with her this tuesday so that Cristian will agree to get married sooner! She said that now that she knows that it is a commandment, it doesnt even matter to her if they have a cake or a dress... she said to Cristian, "right after work you can just come in your work pants (he is a mechanic) and you can just sign the papers!". I hope and pray that she can be baptized soon. She is a perfect example of true repentance and she is different (night and day) right now. Just imagine what will happen after baptizim!

Norma is struggling right now and called us this morning to tell us that she didnt want to come to church any more or be baptized. There is a ´LOT of oppostition with friends and family. We are going over to her house tonight to see how we can help her. My heart just broke when she said taht because she has said so many times how she wants to change and be closer to Christ so that she can be an example for her boys.

I bear my testimony that this is Gods church. He listens to us as we talk to Him and according to our desires and obedience, He answers. Everything around us testifys of Him. I love Him and I love this work.

Love you all... Les quiero tanto. Dios les bendiga y que tengan una buena semana lleno de bendiciones!

FOTOS
2.Barrio Caáguazu (it means giant herb!)... this is one of my favorite parts of our area...on our way to find more people to teach!!!
3.salvamos almas y peros! last night we saved a dog in the street, but had to let him go ... because it is against the rules obviously! jaja
ps. I got Joshs wedding announcement!!!! woo hooo Josh and Clarissa I am so excited for you two!!!!

ps. by the way mom, you asked if I had gotten my birthday package...i dont know if you were refering to the letter with photos you send me or the VERY mom like package you send with two bottles of DEET and calcium c vitamins with a memory chip for my camera! haha but the man that delivers our mail just stopped by and says that the next monday I will be getting two packages sooo taht is probasbly what you were talking about! Gracias! My companions think it is hillarious that I take vitamins every day! and say that I plan wayy too far in advance (aka i am taking calcium every day so that I dont have arthritus in 30 years:)... and then I just say taht I get it from you haha... te quiero.

ps. daddy y nick, just got you dearelders from the 15 of abril! rapido! gracias!

No comments:

Post a Comment