Sunday, December 9, 2012

8 de Octubre 2012

Dear Mom, Dad, jess, Nick, Spencer, Caden Alexnadra and Dan....:)  Wow.  I have quite a big family!

Well, the work is going well down here in HOT Paraguay.  We have had a great week and the heat is starting up again...haha um...it never really stopped!

General Conference was AMAZING (and yes, Spencer...I was watching it at the same time as you and the family :)

I especially loved President Uchtdorf's and President Monson's talks...oh and Elder Holland, who as hermana Arnell and I say, always gives us the "cha-ha".  LOVED each talk and as I listened to the Tabernacle Choir, I am sure one day I will sing with them or do something for the Lord singing because #1 I love it, #2 when I sing I feel closest to my Father in heaven, and #3 it is a talent He has given me and I recognize how serious it is to not use our talents the more I read the scriptures.  Thanks again 1000 X for helping me develop that and every other talent that I have.

As I listened to Elder hales and Holland, I was so grateful for the spirit felt.  I want to show the Lord I love Him more.  When Elder Scott talked, I felt a huge need to take advantage of free family history services at BYU wile I still can!

President Monson always has the most touching stories that help you listen and remember and apply...oh and the faces he makes are always the best.

I did something different...I wrote notes in purple and put a green star next to things I felt I should do and wrote in green what the spirit taught me but wasn't said.  I am excited to apply what I have learned.  "Ask  in Faith"

I hope each of you can always have a Book of Mormon with you or a pass along card and always be willing and looking for people that the missionaries can teach.  Elder Bednar said in a recent conference talk that missionaries are full time teachers and the members are full time finders....I hope/will always be actively searching for those the Lord has prepared (He is preparing everyone!)  Alma 13:36 The majority of them just don't know it!  We love everyone...pray for opportunities to serve and share and act upon the will of the Lord...every day searching for what that is!  They don't know they are missing something in their lives, but we do so we HAVE to share it!  It's not hard, as we just desire and are willing to do small and simple things...the Lord will see our willingness and pour down blessings to bless others!

I love this Gospel and I love that no matter what...we will live together forever because it's the Lord's promise and we are full of faith.

Love you all!

Love,
Su Hermana Jones

PS  Elder Bednar will be here Oct 27/28 to talk to us-ah!  Hermanas always have fron row seats ha ha!!  (no pics, Mom...the President already told me :(

PPS  Nick!   You are going to be a very young missionary...thought of each of you boys and am SO excited for my brothers...:)  Prepapense!  (this was mentioned after the new mission age is 18 now, not 19, mentioned in the beginning of this recent conference)

No comments:

Post a Comment