Sunday, December 9, 2012

6 de Agosto (letter handwritten to family),

Mom, Dad, Nick, Spence and Caden,

!?Como estan todos?! ?Saben que? Es el invierno aqui y hace casi treinta grados...o tal vaz menos. :) Estan locos porque piensen que hace frio areses jaja.

There you go, Nick! I thought I would give you a part to translate!

I have tried to send a letter every week but the last ones didn't get sent out because of the crazy Paraguayan mail.

This week we had a lesson with aless-active member named Cirilia Sales. She was baptized thirty years ago but, with time, stopped coming to church. She was never offended by what others said...she just didn't have really strong friendships with the members, so when the missionaries stopped visiting or moved away, she slowly stopped coming.

She came to church for the first time the other Sunday after thirty years! Woohoo!!
As we visited her again this week, she told us how she just didn't have the energy, liked another church where they sang with a band for two hours, and how there is too much commitment in the church and that she doesn't want to wear a skirt! Ah! All of the excuses possible...because it is HARD to break a bad habit/sin and replace it with good ones, but it is ALWAYS worth it! The Lord will never allow us to be tempted more than we can handle (1 Corinthians 10:13)

As I listened to her and we asked her questions/read scriptures to try and figure out what/where her testimony was, I was filled with so much pain. She KNOWS it is the true church, she knows and names the blessings she will miss. But, she will not do it. I am sure I felt just the TINIEST glimpse of what our Father in Heaven feels when we leave from the influence of His Spirit as we sin. May we be filled with desires to always please Him! As we talked, I also realized just that much more how important it is to love and take care of our brothers and sisters...the Lord's way...Visiting Teaching and Home Teaching! Ah, it is divinely planned and ordained. I hope I can, for the rest of my life, go to church, searching for the one that is not there or that is there, but sad and lonely.

Heavenly Father lives and loves us! Have a great week each and everyone of you. Always remember that I love you more than everything (minus Heavenly Father) and if I don't write you each your own card or don't write lots, it's because of that. It is HIS time I am on.

Les quiero,
Love, Su Hermana Jones



No comments:

Post a Comment