Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Week 43 (Jul 16, 2012): They Shall Mount Up with Wings As Eagles

A couple of quick stories.

Heavenly Father has blessed me with a lot of energy on the mission. Yea I always feel realllly tired to come home at night, but He always blesses me with energy to do everything that He wants me to do. Normally missionaries take naps on Pdays but I cant... there are too many things that I want to study or do and Heavenly Father has blessed me so much.

Gilberto still is planning on being baptized in the beginning of August but is afraid of not having time to go to church when he starts med school in Cuba this Dicember.

Marta, the less active member I told you about the other week is doing well. We had a lesson with her the other day and it is such a blessing to teach her because it strengthens my testimony of the Atonement. She litteraly has more light in her eyes as she starts to read her Book of Mormon again and talk to her boyfriend about the church.

Well this Friday morning, I dont know what happened but I WAS THE TIREDEST I have ever been in my liffffe! I remember at 6:30 rolling out of bed and kneeling down and just begging Heavenly Father to help me have energy to study and teach that day. This may be pathetic, but for my familiy you know that it is normal, I just cried and told Him that I did not think that I could do it that day because I felt so tired. Well as a stood up, He answered my prayer with a scripture in Isaiah40:29-30 that says, "they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strengthñ they shall mount up with wings as eaglesñ they shall run, and not be wearyñ and they shall walk and not faint...He giveth power to the faint and to them that have no might he increaseth strength". "Okay...I can do it," I thought in my head. As I sat down to study for my investigators...I WAS EXHAUSTED and almost fell asleep while I was reading..that has never happened to me (unlike you dad :). Well, the day went on and I forgot about feeling so tired in the morning until I knelt down again that night and I realized that I was not tired at all and felt like I could go out and teach for two more hours. As I had served the Lord as I served His children that day He gave me the energy that was not my own. His promises are real. We are children of a loving Father and He blesses us and answers our prayers. I know that as we read and study the scriptures, we recognize and recieve guidance more quickly and specifically not because Heavenly Father starts to want to bless us more because we are reading our scriptures but because we can recognize more easily the direction that He so lovingly gives us through the words of His prophets.

I love Him. I pray that we can all be firm in our testimonies of the Savior and share the Gospel of Christ with all of those who are with us and live in such a way so that we can all return to live with Him together as a famliy...foreverrrr!!!!! the biggest blessing He could ever give me

Les amo muchisimo muchisimo.

Un abrazo fuerte a todos,

Hermana Jones
Hn Mercedes Familia, her daughter + hijo Angel & his cousins, that were visiting for the day. We had lunch with them. They are less-active family only because of the job of Evelyn...she is looking for a nursing job that doesn't make her work Sundays. Her husband died right before they were sealed & still hasn't gone to the temple but wants to. They are a really special flia - the grandma always has HOT PINK nails and enjoys talking. :-)
Elephant Legs!!! haha! Please note that before the mission, Mom, I cried when I saw these shoes when they were shiny, new, and on the rack in the store....because I thought they were so ugly!..and look at them now!! This is what nine months in the mission foes to your shoes.
Me and Hna Arnell!!! This is in Bario Cu'guazu (neighborhood big weed is what it literally means!) Half of Nemby is "Campo" green with lots of red dirt and the half is kind of in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment