Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Week 41 (Jul 2, 2012): Bearing Anothers Burden

Dear family,

Hope you all have had a great week!

Yesterday...oh how I love Sundays. Sundays in the mission are just as busy as any other day of the week for us haha but that is how it should be and I love it.

I recently read in the Liahona from June 2012 the story of the two sister missoinaries called "The miracle of Spiritual Healing". First, it is neat to read in the Liahona missionary stories now because every almost every single one I can relate to!

If you want to get a feel for what I am doing or experiencing more than just my emails...read the Ensign!! As I read the article I was touched by how blessed I am to be able to be helping so many people spiritually. I realized that maybe I have always meant to be a nurse...both spiritually and physically. I love what I do and I am not alone as I do His work. I can often feel that Heavenly Father is right beside me and blesses me constantly with the words I need to say and the direction I need to take in every aspect of the work and my life right now. He is so aware of my needs and because I know and have started to recognize that even more, I am able to search out the small needs of my companion, the investigators and the members here... small needs but they are important to them so they are important to Him...our Maker and Creator.

A neat story from yesterday...we had stopped by the house of a lady named Fátima to pick up her and her girls to go to church but they were still sleeping. As we walked to the chapel someone behind us honked. It was a recent convert named Carlos who was baptized about a month ago. He is about 46 and reminds me a little bit of Brother Leisure! Well he had just picked up a few other less active members and drove us the rest of way to the church with them. We told him how Fátima and her girls were going to come to church but hadn´t and he said, "well they don´t know what they are missing!". Then as we walked into the chapel he sighed to himself and said, "hogar, dulce hogar" or home sweet home. He has a strong testimony and loves the Gospel of Jesucristo. I love to see and feel of the recent covnverts testimonies.

I also never shared a story from Ñemby. As you know Mom and Dad and Jess... Heermana Arnell could barely even walk for a few weeks because her feet hurt so bad and she was having so many problems with the surgeries that she has had. I call her my Captin Moroni companion and this is why... before I got my bapckback from H. Plummer that works a LOT better my back had started to hurt REALLY bad to the point I thought I would cry before putting it on every day to leave the house. (not a surprise i know haha). I dont think I ever told H. Arnell because she was in so much more pain but she could tell that my back hurted and would ask to carry my backpack for me. No way was I going to add one more load on her! So I would always tell her no, but sometimes after lessons she would pick up my backpack before I did and would carry both of them for me while she could barely walk. She told me before I left that when she did that, there was still pain in her feet, but a lot of the pain was taken away. As she took on my load for me and served me, her burdens were lightened. I know that the Lord lives and loves us oh so much. This is His work. This is His gospel...and we are His hands.

Les amo a todos muchisimo.

amor,

su Hermana Jones
Hna Ojeda Hna Arnell Yo. I was going to send this one to Hna Ojeda but it got wet, so here you go...we are proud to be...American? Parguayo? Depende :-) Our colors are the same:-) I have been so blessed with every single companion :-) (Our kitchen is behind us... the size of our towel closet)

Hna Arnell, me, Hna Carmen & Hno Moguel. They drove over when we had gotten home late Tues. night to bring "alfahoves" (the most amazing cookie in the world) & to say goodbye. I love these people so much. Thank you for helping me serve a mission so that I can meet people liek them/help them. :-) Extras, the mansion that I never realized we were so spoiled to live in. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment