Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Week 42 (Jul 9, 2012): The Miracle Chain

Querida familia,

What a week! I will nevvveeerrr be able to do anything to repay Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity to serve as a missionary in Paraguay. Sometimes at night when I think about everything that happened during the day, I am amazed by all of the miracles that we saw during the day and all of the blessings that the Lord gave to us, those around us, and me personally. Hna. Anrade and I have started to write down four blessings or miracles that we recieved during the day after planning each night on four strips of paper. We are making a paper chain with all of the papers and more and more my testimony grows each day that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and I am His daughter and that He loves and blesses us most of the time through other people. The chain is growing longer and longer. I will take a picture for you at the end of this transfer!

We are working with Carmen. A lady who is 52 and has two sons. She reads and marks her Book of Mormon every day and marks it and has come to church probably ten times, but is scarred of leaving behind her traditions and afraid of what her family will say or think. I love her a lot and hope that she can be baptized soon.

Last night we were walking home when we stopped to talk to a girl who looked like she was about twenty. Her name is Marta Riquelme. As we talked to her we came to find out that she is a member but had moved from her home ward and had stopped coming to church because she didnt know anyone and was living with her boyfriend and his parents. She kept saying "I cant believe it, I can´t believe it! I have been wanting to find the missionaries to talk to since I moved her!" She lives along the street that is our limit with the Elders and said that she always sees them walking up the street but they have never seen her when she would shout their names! She says that she wants to come back to church and wants her boyfriend to learn more about the gospel so that they can be married and "be a forever family" is what she said :) We are visiting her tonight.

Yesterday we had a neat experience. We had promised Gilberto and his friend Liliana that we would stop by to pick them up with someone with a car because he just had surgery on his foot and cant walk. Well...long story short, the person with the car didnt show up to take us to his house and pick him up and it was 10 minutes before nine. We called the bishop as a last resort and so he met us on the corner with his truck but his wife wasnt with him so I told him that we wouldnt be able to show him where Gilberto lived because his wife wasnt in the car. Well he said, Hermana we dont have time and then drove off! Sooo we started power walking to Gilbertos house because we couldnt tell him we would come by to take him to churhcc and then not come! Just five minutes later, the bishop drove up again, this time with his wife and she said, " He alwasy taught me that the people were more improtant than the programs.". Gilberto didnt end up coming to church and we started 20 minutes late but I was left with a deep gratitude for a bishop who trys to be like the savior and follows the words of the Prophet presidente Monson... "Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved."

We also are starting to teach a lady named Gilda. She used to feed the missionaries about ten years ago, but had lost contact with them and the church. She has already read the libro de mormón cover to cover and says that she will do so again but this time praying to know that it is true! That was a miracle.

I know that this is God´s church that He guides and directs. I know that He live and loves us and is only a prayer away. I love this gospel. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Dios les bendiga esta semana.

amor,

su Hermana Jones
Hna Arnell, Elias, Noelia, Hna Ofeda, me, Israel and Marcos. Right after teaching the plan of salvation...we had an activity in the end there was a "judgement" and they got alfahoves (my favorite cookie here) to represent the celestial kingdom. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment