Monday, October 29, 2012

Week 51 (Sep 10, 2012): "Do Not Forget My Daughter"

Dear family,

Nigelis mom still says that she doesnt want her to be baptized because none of the members have visited her while she has been in jail. We had a lesson with hna. britez (the rs president) the other day and it was really good for nigeli and her sisters because it was likea mom figure for them. We play LOTS of games with them to help them learn.
We all finish

I have ANOTHER companion! hahah H. Frasqueri had to go back home to work... they didnt find a reemplacement for her. Oh I am going to miss her lots, but now I am with Hna. Ruis who is BUENISIMA también! She was just baptized the 3rd of December and ... well i hardly know her yet but I already love her lots. She doesnt want to be in the house today for pday... but wants to go out and teach already! I am excited.

We also finaly had a lesson with Roberto and Reinalda... the young couple with their son Junior with H. Britez also so that she could translate for us. They had lots of questions and said that they were going to talk as a couple before coming to "our" church.

We also have two investigators that are doing well. Adibe Harika... she is a mother of two kids that are already grown up. We had a lesson and the spirit was so strong. She started to cry as we bore our testimonies and it was a PeRFECT opportunity to teach about the spirit and how she will know that this is Gods church and gospel.
Gloria Eriko is also doing well. She is 50 years old and LOVES reading in her Book of Mormon.
Thanks for praying for everyone.

Quick story...

We had talked to an elderly lady the other day at her gate. Her maid was with her and as we talked to her, it seemed like something wasnt right... like when I worked in the mental hospital in provo. She reminded me of some of the patients there. We wrote down her address to come by another day.

The next day, we stopped by and clapped. Her maid came out first and explained to us that she was not okay mentally and that we shouldnt teach her. We thanked her and stood outside for a few minutes trying to figure out where we should go next. H. Frasqueri then said, "the lady is looking out of her window!"
I looked up and saw that she had started to come out. (I feel terrible that we did this), but we turned to walk away. As we did, I heard in my mind distinctly, "do not forget my daughter".
We stopped and we turned back immediately to find the lady and talk to her, but she had already gone inside.

I learned in that moment just how much our heavenly father loves and is away of each and every one of his kids. He suffers when we suffer, and it made Him sad to see that we would turn away from her. He loves her perfectly with all of her imperfections just as He does me, with all of my own imperfections. We will be going back to at least sing to her.

I love my Savior. I love this Gospel. I love that I can talk to my father in Heaven and He listens to me... no matter how long I want to talk to Him.

I love you all so much...les amo.

amor,

su Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment