Sunday, November 6, 2011

Week 6 (Nov 4, 2011): Becoming Friends with My Companions

Dear family,

I sure do love all of you. Thank you for all of your prayers and support. I can feel the strength that comes from prayers each day. This week we have been working with our investigators Rojelio, Miguel, and Thomas. Through all of these lessons I am learning so much better how to work in a companionship. Not just with one other person, but with three!!! Heavenly Father has blessed me so much though. Sometimes it is really hard to teach as a "trio" because we all think so differently, but it is helping us to learn to work together as a team even more because we NEVER loose sight of each other!!! haha and it is just really good preparation for the field. Three and a half more weeks... can you believe it?! Oh yea, Heavenly Father has blessed me so much though with my companions. They have become my best best friends. I can rely on them, and know that we are each trying to do our best and build up the companionship. It is so true that . I can completely be myself with them...well one, that comes with being around someone for five weeks straight! But also, we just have a lot of fun together. They are through and through really strong people and I couldn't be more grateful for companions that I am such good friends with.

So some things that happened this week:

On Tuesday, one of our teachers, Brother Talataina, told us about how the Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson came to speak to everyone at BYU!!! We thought for sure that our devotional that night would be the prophet. Tons of Elders and Sister rushed through dinner to go and stand in line for the devotional early. Some our Elders went early to save seats. Hermana Applegate was on a comp switch with some other sisters to be in the choir (they have choir that you can participate in every Sunday and Tuesday!! sometimes I don't do it though because you have to leave class a little early during lang. study on Tuesdays)... anyways so when Hermana Willnauer and I got to the doors it was body to body Elders and everyone was Freaking out! We wanted to get there so early so 1. we could sit really close to the Prophet, and 2. we would get to shake his hand afterwards! When they opened the doors, it was like when they are opening a store for black Friday. No joke. Some Elder's around us were like "Push and shove, everybody, push and shove... just don't touch an Hermana!" hahah. Anyways, Hermana Willnauer and I decided it was a good thing it wasn't the Prophet because he would have been so ashamed!!! hahah

It was a member of the quorum of the seventy, Elder Zwick, and his wife! He and his wife talked about prayer and once again, I forgot my notes, but I will try and remember them for next week so that I can share some of their thoughts with you. It was so good, I love hearing from 1. the Lord's servants and 2. the testimonies of good and honest people.

Oh ya. And it snowed!!! Wait. you probably already knew that because Jess is in Provo too... hahah I always forget that.

Oh and Grandma and Grandpa, a member of the Branch Presidency and his wife sat with us for dinner and somehow Wallace and Gromit came up. They were very impressed that I knew the names of each of the characters and movies and no one else did. Brother Malan was so excited... so I just had to tell you thank you haha

Mom- I had to play for sacrament meeting the other day... got to. And it was so bad!!!! hahah but I was so grateful that I knew how to play... that will probably happen more often in Paraguay, no?!

Spanish is going well... I am learning more and more each day ONLY through a LOT of help from Heavenly Father. Actually let me restate that... ONLY through Heavenly Father's help. I saw one of my friends from Freshman year who works here and she is from Mexico. I talked to her in Spanish for like half an hour!!! She said that my Spanish was really good, but she was probably trying not to laugh... hahah. But really, the Lord helps us so much. I continue to carry my dictionary with my everywhere and trust that as I continually look up every single word I can and use the language as much as I can He will help me to remember the words to say. Dad, it is funny though as you were talking about Caden and his letters the other day and how he mixes up his p's and b's... I am at his level right now communication wise!!! hahah I am almost out of time, so I will write some in Spanish next Friday :)

A favorite scripture I loved studying this week was John 17. Thank you for sharing all of your thoughts and scriptures with me Mom, Dad, and Jess and everyone.... they mean a lot to me and sometimes are the answer to prayers.

Lovyou alll soooo much.... MUCHO MUCHO MAS... TE AMO

Hermana Natasha Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment