Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Week 2 (Oct 7th, 2011): Teaching Miestro Talataina

Dear family,

THis is the most amazing blessing EVER... othere than the blessings that come from our Father in Heaven from obediently living the gospel, having the opportunity to share it is the biggest blessing ever. 24/7 I am learining to "consecrate" myself and my life and everything that I can to learn Spanish, learn how to better teach doctrine and teach by the Spirit. I wrote you each a letter today but will send them once I have my pictures to send with them on Monday. So much to tell you.

I love this. My teacher, miestro Talataina is a huge Tongan BYU football player that looks like he could kill you if he didn't smile so much. I couldn't ask for a better teacher. He teaches with a lot of clarity (as much as i can understand at least- he will only speak spanish with and to us!! unless he is trying to get a grammer point across. He met with each of us individually this week to see how we were doing and how our experiences had been so far. he laughed when I told him I was trying to set more specific goals to learn the language... not because of the goal, but because I he realized how much of a perfectionist I am... He has challenged me to speak ONLY SPANISH! That was the way he did it and he said that was the only way that he felt so confident with the language when leaving for the mission feild. Soo... I am learning to speak SOLOMENTE ESPANOL TODO TIEMPO!

Another thing: I love emails, but DearElder is better because I can read them the day that you write them once I get back to my dorm and then write a longer email and tell you more... sorry this one is so short.

One last special experience. Last sat. we had our first investigator lesson in solomente espanol... we had two follow up lessons and guess what... HE IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!! They have teachers here that role play as fake investigators... he was a golden one... wanted to know and acted and his faith grew very quickly (prob. because he was our first one..haha). I was so excited... I can't wait to teach "real" investigators and help them to feel and know their purpose in life.

I will bear my testimony in spanish next week when I have more time, but for now:

I love this gospel. I know that it is true and I know that we have a Father in Heaven who loves us so much. I know that the Book of Mormon is necissary for teaching correct doctrine and giving specific and direct direction for all of our lives. I know that our Father in Heaven loves each of us. And that is the core of my testimony and the core reason and drive for serving this mission. I lvoe you all more than I could ever say.

con mucho amor,

Hermana Jones

#1. "Obedience is the price, faith is the power, love is the motive, the spirit is the key, Christ is the reason, we can return to our Father. the Gospel is true and it is for me and for you."

ps. boys by the time I send this you will be getting into bed!!! love you each so much... if I was there I would give you each a big hug and kiss (Nick this won't stop no matter how old and mature you get :)

oh and we were able to go to the temple today!!!! yea!!!! the provo one is beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment