Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Week 4 (Oct 21, 2011): Hearing from Elder Scott

Mi querido familia,

Wow! Week number...well I guess I just finished my third week this past wednesday! Or fourth...I actually have no idea! I am heading into my fourth week?!! Well, this week has been great. I have really learned how to better concecrate my time to the Lord through planning each and every minute to something that will help me to learn the language, the grammer, learn how to serve the needs of our "progressing investigators".

And guess who we got to hear from this past Tuesday night's devotional? An apostle of the Lord- Elder Richard G. Scott!! Our District Leader, Elder Lund, always takes five minutes to eat dinner so that we can get good seats for every speaker each Tuesday night. Well, last week we heard from Sister Julie B. Beck and her husband!!! And this week we were right up front on his left side when he walked in!!!! You know someone is a servant of the Lord when you can feel their love from Wow! Mom, you wanted a picture of all of the missionaries in the auditorium but we actually aren't allowed (they probably don't want us taking pictures with the Apostles). The speakers on Sunday and Tuesday nights are always really good... I want to write everything down that I learn, see, hear, and feel here in the MTC...I might have even bought two extra journals while I was here..haha. I wish I had brought my journal to give you all some quotes, but I didn't bring my journal so I can't share any of those thoughts, but it was basically an extension of his General Conference talk...except directed more towards us and our investigators!

Mom, when groups of sisters leave each week, they leave behind anything that puts them over the weight limit on their flights, so I am proud to say that we have collected about five different shampoos and conditioners...its just like home :)\

Dad, grandpa and the boys- the tree house sounds sooo funn!!!!!! I so glad you were able to do that!!! Take pictures! (okay that's dumb. I know you have already taken fifty mom :))...which i am grateful for.

To everyone that has helped me to get to were I am now, here in the Missionary Training Center both monetarily and spiritually- thank you. I couldn't say that enough. I love it here. It is definitly harder than I had imagined it would be but I am grateful for a challenge that is teaching me to rely completely on the Lord. This work is no more than learning to become an effective and loving conduit for the Lord's spirit so that we can touch others and teach others...not just teach, but show others how to follow our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for my loving Father in Heaven who has allowed me to choose to serve this mission and is so loving that He would allow me to be able to be a part of this work. Not just for the next eighteen years but for the rest of our lives. It is a daunting task. One that I am not able to do on my own. I continue to realize just how impossible anything and everything is for me alone...more than I have before. But the Atonement of our Savior blesses us and strengthens us. I do not know and understand so many things. I have NO idea how in the world I will be able to do everything that the Lord is going to ask me to do but I do know that He has lifted me and made me equall to the tasks. The guidance of the spirit is the key to the work.

Yo tengo un testimonio de la amor nuestro Padre Celestial tiene para todos sus hijos. Yo se que mi Senor vivir.... en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

ahhh time is up so i will make sure to bear testimony in spanish at the beginning from now on. love you all SOOO much~!!!1

Te amo mucho,

Hermana Natasha Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment