Monday, March 5, 2012

Week 20 (Feb 13, 2012): Refinding Norma

Dear family,

We have found a lot more "new investigators" this week! It is always interesting to see and feel the hand of the Lord helping us in the work. The Lord literaly guides us to them or them to us. For example, this past week, Hermana Plummer and I we looking for this house that were we had wanted to teach almost two months ago now and we were just not having any luck. As we were walking, praying that we would find this house, I had the distinct impression that we needed to turn down a particular street, almost as if someone had told me, "turn down this street". It was a little tiny dirt road and it didnt look like there were any houses down that street. I said in my mind... okay, we can go down that street, but I know this family we are looking for doesnt live there! I took one more step forward and once again the impression came to my mind "no! turn down this street". So we did. There ended up being this tiny little white house. When we clapped at the gate, the little boy outside playing ran inside. A few seconds later, his mom came out and let us in. She was really excited to see us and told us "its been a long time!". I was really confused because i didnt recognize her and had never taught her before. We had forgotten that we had talked to her, Norma, in the street one day with her son Gabriel and had promised that we would visit her, but could never find her house. She shared with us how her husband died 6 years ago and her sons who are my age now are working to help support the family. I have never felt soo happy leaving a lesson. I knew that angels were guiding us to her and her son.
I love this work. I love my Savior. I am learning to love sacrifice and I love all of you! Have a great week!!!!

con mucho amor,
Hermana Natasha Jones
Primer Conferencia de Zona- Our Zone Conference was great. President Callen and Sister Callen love to and have mastered working hard, working by the Spirit, and just being happy and so it is always really great to talk with them and get lots of ideas of how we can improve and work more effectivley as missionaries.
Lots and lots of rain- it rained a lot this past week...and when it rains, it POURS! This is a picture of our backyard. Luckliy it was raining this day while we were studying instead of trackting!

"Campo por la eternidad"- every morning Hermana Plummer and I run around the outside of this cemetary that they call "campo por la eternidad". It is beautiful. There is this little old man that sits outside and sells flowers and ribbons (one of which i mailed home for Alexandra) every day and just sits outside the gate drinking his "tedere" (It is kinda like iced tea... just ice water and herbs and they ALL drink it... everyone walks around with their big thermouses of ice!


Sneaking mangos- I snuck this foto when we were leaving the chapel this past Friday. Vincente is the little man in the green shirt eating a mango...very typical. He often will sneak out of class during church to eat mangos that have fallen from the trees outside! One day he came back to class with mango all over his chin and was really surprised when I asked him after calss if he had been eating mangos... "how did you know?!", he asked. hahah
This is just an example of how much it rains... because almost all of their streets are "empedrada" or stone and sand, when it rains, the streets flood within minutes...
You cant really tell from the picture, but there was so much water in the streets that we were wading through (the water was only up to our ankles) but this branch was being carried down the street!
They all burn their trash here. It isnt as bad as India, but there are often piles of trash en todos lados. I thought this was funny... right under the sign that says no trash, there was a huge pile of trash

No comments:

Post a Comment