Monday, March 5, 2012

Week 19 (Feb 6, 2012): Giving my Card to Emi

Dear family,

This has been a great week! We are still having a tough time finding people to teach and really finding and teaching people who are ready to progress BUT I have also been amazed by the blessings that the Lord continues to pour out on us. As I sit down at night to hurry and write as much as I can down from that day in my journal, I am amazed by just how many miracles we see each and every day!

I will share just one for now.

My first week here, we had a lesson with a 21 year old girl named Emi. We havent taught her since because she was on vacation with her familiy for a month and after that we couldnt contact her a bunch of times. I remember durring the lesson, we were teaching about the Book of Mormon and how we can find the answers to the questions that we have if we read in the scriptures. Sister Callen, our President´s wife, had made us these really nice cards with all of the "questions of the soul" with their relating scriptures from PMG and had laminated it for us to have as a book mark and reference for lessons. Because it was my first week I remember not really understanding anything in the lesson but when it was my turn to teach and bear testimony, I had the strong impression to give her the card. At first I was hesitant because I had been so excited about this book mark and they had put a lot of time into making it for each of the new missionaries. I ended up giving her the card and the past two months have been wondering and hoping that even though we hadnt had another lesson with her that maybe the scriptures and chapters on the card would be important to her later.

With that, we were walking to an apointment this past week close to her house and ran into Emi!!! We stopped to talk and she explained how her brother was so sick that he had been hospitalized the past month and the doctors had not been sure if he was going to make it. She said that he is fine now and is recovering. She also told us how "it is so true! you really can find answers and so much comfort from reading the book of mormon!!" She told us how she would have a question, and would look on the card and then read the relating chapter from the book of mormon. She found so much comfort in reading the scriptures. Ah!!!! I wanted to cry i was so happy! I never want to ignore a prompting that I get from the Spirit!!!! We are going to visit her this upcoming week.

Well, tomorrow we are getting up at 5 or 530 to take a bus to the office for my first ZONE CONFERENCE! My zone leaders told us that we will be having up to 5 hours of role plays and practices with the lessons! Pray for me please! ahha but no really I am really excited. I love my mission president so much and his wife so it will be great to see them too!

Well... I know that the Gospel is true. I know my Savior lives and loves us. I know that Heavenly Father loves us perfectly and has a perfect plan for each of us and that if we just humble ourselves and truly turn to Him, we can be happy now and in the life to come. I love the scriptures, I love the words and examples of prophets and richeous leaders... I love my mission... oh and I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. I couldnt say all of that enough.

Te quiero,

Tu Hermana Jones
familia correa... one of the families that I absolutley love!!! Her daughter Mili was just baptized this weekend and she was so excited about it every day she would remind us about her baptism. The lady next to HPlummer is one of our investigators, Sussana!



thank you for the present!!! I got the package this past week and it was better than Christmas! The andes mints are not in the picture because I had already eaten all of them! hahah love you all lots

No comments:

Post a Comment