Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Week 9(Nov 26, 2011): Thanksgiving, and Hallelujah!

Querido familia,

I LEAVE IN JUST TWO DAYS... MORE LIKE ONE AND A HALF!!! I am so excited to finally be able to leave for Paraguay to teach the Gospel!! I love you all so much. Jessica-we stop in the nightmare airport in Fort Worth on our way there...I may just visit the massage chairs again...haha. As a missionary I luckily will not have any distractions that will make us miss our flight (aka RedBox).

We had such an amazing week! Our last full days of classes were on Mon-Wed and we finished up lessons with our "investigators" that we have working with this whole time. The way that they have the MTC set up now is incredible. I have already taught at least 30 or 40 lessons or "part lessons" all, or almost all, in Spanish. We have gone from having our lessons written out the first three or four lessons, to just being able to really be guided by the spirit as to what/how we need to teach to really help our investigator.

On our Tuesday night devotional, guess who spoke?! An apostle of the Lord, Elder Christoferson!!! He talked to us about our missions and his and told us to 1.always be focused in everything on the missionary purpose, 2. earn the trust of the members and 3. learn to sanctify your heart to God (Mosiah3). There was so much power just when he walked into the room.

THEN on Thanksgiving morning we had another devotional and another apostle was there to speak to us: Elder Nielson!!! Wow! He and Elder Christoferson told us that if we didn't take any other notes, to write down and pass on how grateful they are to you for sending your sons and daughters to serve missions. He gave a powerful talk about, of course, gratitude and showing that thanks through our service. At the end, he played a song from the Men's Mormon Tabernacle choir called Hallelujah. I think you would really like it, you can probably look it up. Hallelujah means "praise to the Lord God, Jehovah". As it was played, he asked us to think about our families, our missions and all that the Lord has given us. I was filled with so much gratitude. It was one of the best thanksgivings ever.

We had a great thanksgiving meal and then sack paper dinners (hahah) that night and a humanitarian service project for the people of the Sudan. Later that night, they gave us popcorn and let us watch "17 Miracles"!

I just want to tell you all how much I love this gospel. I wish it was a part of everything that I did... and as a missionary you receive help to be able to do that, but I just feel my Savior's love around me. I know that he died for each of us to fulfill our Father in Heaven's perfect plan. I love Him and I love my Father in Heaven. I want to live with Him again someday with my family and will never find something that I am more grateful for than that. There is a way. Through the atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

God bless you all- I love you more than I can say... each of you.

Con amor,

Hermana Natasha Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment