Saturday, December 31, 2011

Week 13 (Dec 26, 2011): I Feel My Saviors Love

Dear Family,

Ah, it was so good to talk to all of you yesterday ' sorry all I did was bawl...I will try to not do that next time!! But really, what a blessing skype worked...I love you all so much.

This week was a little slow finding people to teach. One day though we were headed to Vinciente and he had not returned from his work yet. We weren't sure when they would get back so we started contacting the homes nearby with no luck. We walked over to a spot of shad to pray and after felt that we should walk towards the super mercado which made no sense because there were no homes en camino... or a least we thought! We found this home that was far behind the Carcinera. The mother let us in and we talked to her for a while... She is expecting a baby in April and has five other kids. She told us how she has epilepsy and how her husband is so cruel to her and her kids and every Sunday she goes to the church nearby to pray for the Lord's help. We had to leave for another appointment soon after sitting down with her, but it hurts too much to see someone hurting physically and emotionally. We taught the first lesson and testified the best the we could... I pray that the spirit touched her heart nd that we can keep teaching her...and her kids.

I am out of time, I attached a picture of Hermana Leonor and the ward Christmas dinner that they had. She is the mother of Vinciente that I have been telling you about...she could talk for hours... they all can and do here! And I love that.

I know that the Gospel is true. I know that my Savior lives and guides this work. I am learning to listen to His spirit. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and the words of the prophets will speak to us and teach us through the spirit of the Lord if we will just study, ponder and pray. The Lord is teaching me and helping me to grow to be able to do this work. My mission scripture, if it could have been a song would be I Feel My Saviors Love. Every word of that songs describes how I feel. I love this work and the people. I love my Savior and know that He loves us and our Father in Heaven wants so much for us to be happy. I love you all... more than I can say.

Te amo, Hermana Natasha Jones

Mom' also the only thing that I could think of for you to send would be more socks and a new jump rope. Soup packets and everything else that you said in your last email would be awesome too!! just dont make it too expensive! THAnkyouuuu!!

No comments:

Post a Comment