Saturday, December 31, 2011

Week 12 (Dec 19, 2011): Home & Visiting Teaching is His Work.

Dear family,

Well this is my last email before Christmas!!! Merry Christmas!!! Love you all. This week has been filled with lots of lessons. I didn't keep a very good journal this week so i don't know what to write about!! Hmm... I am actually sending pictures today!!! We are still working with Vinciente Fransisco.

About a third to half of our work is trying to work with recent converts and less active members. One thing to say... THE LORD HAD AND HAS A HUGE PURPOSE IN VISITING TEACHING AND HOME TEACHING!! And it needs to be so much more than just teaching. Hermana Plummer told me that just years ago the baptisms here increased dramatically, but shortly after the attendance rate started to drop at church. Visiting teaching is not very well implemented and would help so many of these new members to stay active if they just knew someone cared about them in the ward and was there to help them and answer questions...

Well sorry this email is super short, but i have to wrap up... i will keep a better journal so i can send better emails and tell you all about the people here. They love God.

I love this Gospel. I love this work. It takes more... a 100% more than what i have to offer, but that is the beauty of the work...it isn't mine, it is the Lords so i can have confidence that I cant mess it up if i am depending on Him. I know that He lives and guides His church and this work. I love you all, but what an opportunity on a mission... to learn to love the Lord more than anything and anyone else. I thank my Father in Heaven every day for this work and for my family.

Love,
Hermana Natasha Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment