Thursday, April 11, 2013

Week 77 (Mar 11, 2013): The Light of Repentance


Querida familia, 

Well Mom said that this might be my last letter that they will read in the ward and asked if I had any special stories to share or something.  Well... I really to realize that I will be finishing my mission.  I talked to President and he has offered to allow me to extend my mission one transfer more if I feel that I should...okay, sometimes I think that if I could I would.  Dont worry Mom and Jess... I am not going to be coming home later :). 

This week has been a great week.  

I dont know if I have a specific story to share or no, but my heart fills full for a love for my brothers here in Paraguay.  I know that Heavenly Father loves us so much.  I know that He chooses imperfect people to do His work because He loves us so much and wants us to repent and help our brothers and sisters to do the same.  Satan makes repentance look impossible and undesiarable.  It is not!!  We just have to be humble.  I know that maybe I havent made huge mistakes in my life... I have made PLENTY, but i am talking about sins that would be "harder" to repent of... but I have met a lot of people who have.  Those who have just been humble and have searched for guidance and help from our loving Father in Heaven have been able to repent and their lives are filled with light.  There is no better way to describe it.  You can see it in their eyes.  I am learning to repent and as I do so it is the most humbling experience helping others to do the same... or better said, inviting them to do so.  

We are working with Sarah and Dario.  Dario has given up smoking for a week.  They are preparing to be baptized on the 23rd of this month.  They both work every day until 7 at night and so they havent been reading a lot in their book of mormon.

Norma and Yamile... they were going to be baptized this upcoming saturday, but Norma is a little scared to get married... Please pray that they can read their scriptures more so that they can feel the spirit and so that they can be baptized soon... and that we can listen to the spirit... yo y la Hna. Espinoza.  I know that if we do so, they will be able to be baptized. 

Natalia is the girlfriend (19)of a member that we have started teaching.  She is INCREDIBLE.  She is getting ready to be baptized the 30th of this month.  We are trying to prepare her for the 23rd because we fill that she can be ready... we can only teach her on saturdays because she studies and works from 6 am to 10pm every day.  She is very humble and it was SO FUNN to teach her the plan of salvation this saturday!  She was so excited as she learned everything.  I lvoe her lots.

I know that as we follow the spirit and I stay focused in fulfilling my duty as a missionary in these last weeks in my mission, the Lord will help us to have a lot of success.  It will require miracles... which is okay because He is a God of miracles... (2 Nefi 27... 23 somehting) :) and we just have to show our faith.

Cristian and Cyntia are taking their geneaology tree... pedegree chart on their vacations to fill them out and will be ready to take them to the temple.  Cristian and Cyntia said that they wanted to adopt me... ha. ummmm I am 22 and they are 26. But everyone here thinks that I am 14 or 16 so its okay.  

Well, I love you all SO STINKIN MUCCHHOOOOO.  Thanks for your prayers.  I will pray for you too. 

Love, 

Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment