Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 17 (Jan 23, 2012): Vincente's Baptism

How are all of you?! Guess what!? Vincente Francisco had the opportuntity to be baptized and confirmed this past weekend! What a blessing it has been and will continue to be to work with him and his mom. He was so excited. He also asked one of the members of our ward, Hermano Miguel, to baptize him who has really helped us and befriended him a lot. Hermano Miguel was more than excited this past week. He often will go to appointments with the Elders in our ward in their area and at random times durring their lesson, he would change the topic and tell them that someone had chosen him to perform his baptism! If I can, I want every single one of my investigators to be baptized by a member instead of one ofthe Elders only because it is such a neat opportunity for them...both the investigator and the member! His mom has been the only member in their family for about 12 years. She bore her testimony at his baptism and with tears in her eyes told how when she was baptized, as she entered the water, she prayed and told Heavenly Father..."Father, if only one of my family members can sometime in the future enjoy the same blessings that I am right now...".

The day before his baptism, we visited them at their home and they showed us how to make empañadas before we left... Vincente told us, "Yo cocino hermanas!" "I cook hermanas!" ... he was so excited and so proud!

We visited the orphanage this past week again to visit Marcos and Christian. They were soo excited as we talked about going to church this next sunday...especially Christian the 11 year old. We had gotten permission from one of the other workers before to have a member pick them up for churhc, but the man that was working there this time told us it wouldnt be possible. They were so sad and I just wanted to cry. I litterally felt my heart break when I looked at Christian and I knew he had heard what the man had told us. We are going to try and continue to visit them on sundays for and teach them the lesson that was taught in primary or young mens so they can still have Sunday as a day to learn about Christ. I hope and pray that Marcos and Christian will be able to continue and read their Books of Mormon that we left with them so that thier testimonies can keep growing so that one day they can come back to chruch when they are not living in the orphanage.

I just want to bear my testimony that I know that this church is true. I know that the Savior lives and loves us. He is perfectly loving and patient with us and that means that our Father in Heaven is also. What a blessing that we know and can share with others this message. The gospel has been restored to bring the blessings that Father in Heaven wants for each and every one of his children. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Sending with so much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment